Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I have recently found myself havign to take on my father in laws dog due to his sudden illness. It could go to Kennels due to not having up to date vacinnes so has had to live with me.........it is driving me mad.

He is 16 year old Jack russel, never been particularly well trained and previously had the run of the house. He settled quickly into a new routine, being wlked more regulalry, eating well and respecting new rules (not jumping on the sofa), he has to sleep in a crate and be in it for a few hours a day whilst i work beacuse he is quite distructive chews anything he can.

He settle into the crate well for the first few days but 2 nights ago started to bark (until this point we had never heard him bark at all!) He is now barking all night and i had to sleep downstairs with him (which i know probabaly rewarded the barking) because we have neighbours on either side and needed to keep him quite.

I don't know what has changed as the first 4 nights were fine and now he just won;t be quiet!

Any advice gladly recieved. I am hoping he can soon go home to my father in law but in the meantime, i need to sleep and don't want to fall out with all my neighbours!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well I guess you could up date the shots and move him to the kennels...LOL. Or like wvasko said maybe take the crate up stairs when you go to bed...or try covering the crate with a sheet at bed time or put some toys and nylabones for him to chew on at nite...just some ideas.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts