Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!!

Okay, Some know that I will be getting a new papillon pup like in 11 days!! Yippppeeee......LOL...I am having trouble with the name.....the breeder has been calling her Anabelle.....I like that, but my one neighbor that we don't talk to much, is a Ann/Annie.....so then I we went to thinking on names......we came up with Emma and Claire.....I find out that Emma is the popular baby name.....and then when I was at the vets getting meds for our old cat, Curtis, they said that there were a lot of dogs named Emma....:rolleyes:......so I went with Claire and told the breeder to start calling her that.....I like it.....Willie and Claire.....but my parents do not....LOL.....

So, I guess I would like to have other dog people opinions....if you have suggestions for a little pap, I would love to hear them......Thank-You!!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Butter - Because it's sweet, creamy and wonderful
Rachel
Chère (pronounced Share)
Mon Ami
Sabine
Margot
Renee

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank-You!! I liked Margot, DH didn't....grrrr....lol

I have to run to open house but will look at that site more....your right, it is cool!!

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
What?! How can they not like the name Claire?! I love that name!!! I saw you mention that somewhere and was like woah that's a great name for a papillon!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I love the name Claire, it is so beautiful!! I'm not a fan of 'human' names for dogs...but here are some human names I like:

Holly
Rachael
Delaney
Marie
Chloe- is a popular dog and human name though
Heidi
Lia
Elizabeth
Paige
Sydnie
Julie
Cassidy

Good luck and congrats! :)

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I like Mon Ami, as 4iscompany suggested, because it means "my friend" in french, and since Paps ARE french... :p
That could be her formal name, but her call-name can simply be Amy. :D

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Aw that be fun to get a Pap also why do you care about that neigorhor you dislike? How much will you be seeing the dog outside and/or hearing that name from her?

I'd keep the name if you like it! :) If you want to change it here are some girl dog names I like also a site you can check out
http://www.fundognames.com/

http://www.dogsunited.com/

Female:
Abby
Addie
Amber
Bailie
Belle
Breezy
CariDee
Cindee
Dakota
Dee
Hanna
Jade
Jazzy
Maddie
Maggie
Magic
Maya
Mia
Mollie Sue
Phoebe
Piper
Prue
Scarlet
Tanzer
Terra
Tessa
Topsy
Twiggy
Velvet

·
Registered
509 Posts
Claire is nice....

a favorite of mine is Isabella or just Bella:)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, thanks you guys!! Today at a cousins grad party, again both my parents went off about how they dislike the name Claire.....:rolleyes:....Makes me wonder and I DID say to dad....(Not that is is like this in one little bit) Did you have an affair with someone named Claire or something?? LOL...LOL...My goodness!! LOL.....Makes me want to use it for sure, now....LOL.....I really like it, though.....I will for sure look at these names you all gave me....I write down what I like and take that list will me....
You all are great!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I don't like people names for dogs and never, ever have. I've got Brutus now just because he came with that name and it would be confusing on a 10 yr old dog to change it I think.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is okay....I know others at the dog club like you that do not like people names......but I always have....Willie came with that name, too.....but he did not know it......and I was going to change it, but then everyone plus us liked it after we had him here a while so we kept it!!

Lucy still looking at the sites......Hanna is nice too, Moon!:)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Awesome! I prefer human names for dogs. I'd feel funny walking around calling the dog "Cupcakes" "Boyfriend" "Sugar Cone" "Sweetpeas" no thanx!

However I do like theme names for litters reason that being to identity the puppies those names will be changed when they go to their forever homes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts