Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to teach my pooches a certain trick I see a lot in frisbee dogs. Basically, the dog would use my body for a stronger jump...I can't describe this well. The dog jumps against me and pushes off in another direction. Get it? Any help?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly! I'm not sure how to convey to the pooches that I don't just want them to jump on me. Will this have to wait until they're better disc dogs? It seems like a multi-step process.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I would do it by teaching them to jump up into my arms, only I'd change it at the last stage. Here's a video. You can tweak it at the end by tossing the frisbeeas they jump up.

Video

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
I have not taught this behavior before, but I don't necessarily see it as a a trick for an advanced disc dog. But ya, you certainly wouldn't want to lump this behavior.

What can the dog do? Will he jump for the disk if held out to your side? If so, I'd try approximating the disk closer and closer to my chest. Getting the dog to jump on me I see being the biggest hurdle. I'm sure there are tricks for that too, but I'm interested too.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
At about 45 seconds on this video is the movement I would start with.

Video

1 - 7 of 7 Posts