Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I have 3 pets which I will introduce to the community at a later time.

Right now I am having an issue with my dog, Rio.

Rio is a 2 year old female Chihuahua, 3lbs (pictured as my avatar). Recently her urine has become very dark, sticky and concentrated (I could tell it's sticky because she urinates on a puppy pad when I'm not here to take her outdoors).
I was wondering if she has a bladder or Urinary Tract Infection, but she doesn't exhibit any other signs or symptoms.
Her urine is not bloody, it does not have an odor, her genitals do not look irritated, she doesn't seem to be in pain, she's very energetic, and she's not urinating frequently or taking in more fluids. She seems perfectly healthy except that her urine seems to be really thick, dark and concentrated as of today.

Before crapping out $100 for the vet bill (which I'll have to do if it keeps up), would anyone have any alternative knowledge on what could this be from?

The only thing I could think of is dehydration, as this has NOT been an ongoing thing - other than that possibly an infection, unless there is something I'm not aware of. Perhaps she is entering heat? I'm not sure. any insight would help until I get her to the vet.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
There is no way that this can be diagnosed over the internet. The only one who can tell you the reason is a vet after a thorough exam and urinalysis. Please post again and let us know what you find out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.