Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey guys,

I just got these cute puppies a week ago. The one on the left is a female and on the right a male. They are a mix for sure. What do you guys think these puppies will look like when they are adults???

Any ideas??

·
Registered
284 Posts
By coloration I'd guess they're Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs, which can get rather large. They're of the same family as Rottweilers but with different temperments.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I think they will be cute!!! Heck they are cute now.:D

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
By coloration I'd guess they're Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs, which can get rather large. They're of the same family as Rottweilers but with different temperments.
There are over 20 different breeds with coloration like that. But one thing Greater Swiss (or any of the swissies) don't have is that black mask coloration.

Aussies can have the black mask and that body color as well, so can border collies, and many other herding breeds. Catahoulas can have that coloring too. and Chihuahuas. However based on body type I would rule out Chihuahua lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is their mother:

And here is their father:

The father looks pitbull but the owners said he was a mix
and same with the mother looks like a lab mix.. but the puppy in the right with the father has a the rott eyebrows?? Hmmmmmmm

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
At first I was guessing beagle. Now you show what mother/father now looks like, so gave me a clear picture of what puppies could be. As well you should know puppies are hard to know what breed they are. And both of the two adult dogs could have random breeds! Father looks like it could have APBT/Boxer I could be wrong and mother looks like it could have a BC could be wrong

I'm horrible at identify a mutt breed it's not always 100% accurate

·
Registered
171 Posts
Our neighbor had a dog that looked just like the mother and she was half lab/half pointer.So its a toss up.Could have some BC in there too..The pop looks pitbull to me.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I tried to reply earlier this morning, they look very cute.

To me they look like Pit mixes to me, at least in the head. The one that is looking at the camera head/face looks like Pit. Or even Lab mix, as the heads look similar to Lab, but tan point in Lab seems to be very rare. They also somewhat remind me of a couple Rott mixes I had. One though had wavy type hair, not really curly but a little wave to it. There are really a lot of breeds they could be.

There are over 20 different breeds with coloration like that. But one thing Greater Swiss (or any of the swissies) don't have is that black mask coloration.

Aussies can have the black mask and that body color as well, so can border collies, and many other herding breeds. Catahoulas can have that coloring too. and Chihuahuas. However based on body type I would rule out Chihuahua lol
I think they really like Greater Swiss Mtn Dogs (nothing wrong with that). As they told me the Pit I posted looked like a GSMD or mix of one or something.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
but the puppy in the right with the father has a the rott eyebrows?? Hmmmmmmm
Border Collies and aussies can have the "rott eyebrows" too. and the mommy looks part border collie or aussie, a better picture of her body would be nice

The sire looks part "Pit bull type" (and he also needs his nails clipped lol)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts