Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Almost 2 months ago I adopted a puppy from a shelter. Her breed was labeled as "Black and Tan Coonhound" but I honestly don't see it. Everyone thinks she's Doberman, and even a Rottweiler. But the thing is, she is 4.5 months old at only 20 pounds. I'm thinking she is he runt? There was no info on her life before we adopted her, so we're not sure about her parents. Here are some pics> https://imgur.com/a/sJMVl

·
Registered
627 Posts
She could be a Doberman but the ears even uncropped are a little big. If she is Doberman I did have one that was small at full grown so it could be. If you hold up her ears what does she look like? This is a picture of my prior two Dobermans; the female is the smaller one and it is possible if yours is a Doberman she is smaller; you can see the difference between her and my male. If you click on the picture it will zoom it in to see better; they were both cropped and docked. They were about 10yrs old each in the photo, they are now over the rainbow bridge.
ScanMaxTara.jpg

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Unless you happen to live in an area where coonhounds are common it's doubtful that he has any in his mix. His ear set and size is also way too high and small to be consistent with any type of scent hound, it's more consistent with a Doberman.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts