Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
We've been pretty overwhelmed too. What I did was go to the feed store (with the better prices), made a list of what they have and brought that list home, then went to Dogfood advisor. I looked at the ingredients, what my dog needs (initially large breed puppy), and went from there. We've started suspecting allergies so I did pretty much the same thing again, but looked even closer at the ingredients and since I suspected chicken I crossed everything with chicken (or anything associated with chicken that might be used for preservatives) off the list. It made the list pretty short so I had three to choose from (she's going to be on the one food for a couple of months until I'm sure about how its working with the potential allergy).
We're in a pretty small town though, so the choices of food are limited, nobody carries TOTW kibble at all or Blue Buffalo, so in a way I had an easier time than someone in a city with a whole plethora of choices (yeah, could order online but I HATE doing that, seems like things never show up on time here!).
Good luck, I know I feel like I've spent more time concerning myself over what my dog east than over what I eat lol.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts