Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I know the feeling, I am still overwhelmed by the choices at times! I would also recommend checking out dogfoodadvisor.com and doing as much reading as you can and then deciding which foods you are comfortable feeding. I also try to stay in the 4-5 star range. It also helps narrow down the search if you can budget what you are comfortable spending money wise. Personally, I have started rotating foods for my dogs. This allows me to A) watch for sales and coupons and B)provide a variety of types, flavors and qualities. So say one bag I need to "downgrade" to maybe a 3 star food and save a little money then next bag I can go up to a 5 star. I am still new to rotating but it is working well for us so far. I also am learning which ingredients my dogs do best on and which to avoid. And my dogs really seem to enjoy the variety.

So far my rotation includes:

TOTW - all four ALS plus the 2 puppy flavors for the new pup
Diamond Naturals
4 Health
Back to Basics

Chicken Soup is next on the list. Others that I'm considering are the new GF Blue Buffalo, Wellness Core, Acana and Inovva. Like I said, I'm less than a year into rotating and usually change every 6-8 weeks so my list is still short.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts