Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like you to tell me what you would like to dress your dog in!
What clothes do you not find on the market?
What's your favourite type of clothing/style to purchase your pooch?
Is there anything you wish was cheaper?
ANY HELP IS EXTREMELY WELCOMED.
I want to know what you dress up your dog in, what colours, sizes..

Many thanks!:wave:

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I wish there was a breed specific line for dachshunds! :) I sometimes have a hard time finding things to fit. I have a minis, and they are long, but, small around. So, stuff that fits them around is too short, and stuff that's long enough is to big around their middle.
I have this probably especially with rain coats. They hate the rain, and they get cold easily because they have places with very sparse hair. But, the best quality rain coats I could find just didn't fit properly. They were either too big around, or their whole back half were uncovered.

As for styles, I prefer the type that have a velcro closure, with no actual sleeves. Do you know the kind I mean? There are sections with velcro that go under their front legs, across the stomach, and velcro. My dogs HATE having their tiny short legs put into sleeves.....

·
Registered
17,912 Posts
I would also like to see something that fits Bostons. which are fairly short, but have really deep chests.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I would like you to tell me what you would like to dress your dog in!
What clothes do you not find on the market?
What's your favourite type of clothing/style to purchase your pooch?
Is there anything you wish was cheaper?
ANY HELP IS EXTREMELY WELCOMED.
I want to know what you dress up your dog in, what colours, sizes..

Many thanks!:wave:
we moved last year to the mountains and we have a very old large dog with short fur--- it snows here alot and we wanted a sweater for her (she wieghs 75 lbs but is very stocky built so alot of the XXL sizes just hung off her , she is shorter backed German style boxer) so wanted a WOOL sweater for -- wool because it can get WET (she walks through snow, and is blind so tends to fall into things) and still keep her WARM..
SO there is got to be someone out there who needs a WOOL SWEATER for their big dog!!! PLEASE....
AS ABOVE-- shorter but with deep chests is her conformation, but on a much larger scale than the Bostons!!!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing breed specific clothes, ya know, tailored to their shape and size, and not just the shape of the clothes but the materials too. Shorter coated dogs may need something softer, or for summer time, something cooler.
For dogs who wear clothes just for the sake of it, maybe light, thin materials so it doesn't add extra... anything to the dog.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks for this, I have noticed that my dogs personally hate the sleeves as well as they are restricting and can't move around in them.
What size roughly would you say they are for length and around their middle?

·
Registered
17,912 Posts
Many thanks for this, I have noticed that my dogs personally hate the sleeves as well as they are restricting and can't move around in them.
I don't know my dog's length. I know she's 22" around. I'll grab a tape measure and do neck to tail measurements a bit later.

·
Registered
17,912 Posts
Also, I'm seconding Candyb - I would KILL for dog sweaters made out of wool. I knit and make my own (or felt sweaters fro thrift stores and sew), but I'd rather pay more for something that will keep them warm than take forever making one myself.

Seriously, make me a dog sweater out of wool and I will HAPPILY pay 50.00 for it, as opposed to some piece of synthetic crap with minimal insulating properties.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
I do not care for putting clothing on dogs unless the dog absolutely needs it like in the winter. What I would like to see, however, is a rain jacket for a dog that goes all the way underneath. Not just stopping at the front and legs, but goes under the dog too so their tummies don't get wet. My dog is a pain to clean in the rain when his hair starts to grow in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know exactly what you mean, its a nightmare to keep my dog still long enough to dry tummies!
Many thanks for this, I'm specifically looking to develop items which people would actually be interested in and make use of!

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
bows and fancy collars with painted pink nails just will never look right on a GSD... I just don't see that the bigger dogs pull the assesories off as well as the little dogs do :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Firstly may I say, what beautiful dogs!
There is a serious lack of quality clothing that would actually provide comfort and warmth rather than just looking 'cute' on the dog.
Thanks very much for this, I will look further into developing something that would suit!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know that the size and material are always generic when it comes to dog clothing, which is why I would like to develop something you are looking for and your dog would appreciate. A quality warm, well fitting wool sweater would be a brilliant idea for many dogs! Thanks :)

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
like others said, stuff that fits different shapes, I have a crazy hard time finding anything for Rusty because he has a skinny little neck a short back and a super deep barrel chest! even collars I have made for him because he looks rediculous in a collar any narrower then 1" but his neck is only 10" around. .all the collars that small are like 1cm wide lol

·
Registered
717 Posts
Agreed, sleeves not needed just a wooly thing to keep her core warm (and pls WOOL I dont care if its Yak hair it needs to be natural wool fibers that can stay warm when wet)--
OK I just went out and measured her-- shes pretty ribby but much bigger round then long (very stocky)-- Length is 27.5 inches ok to go 28 inches, width is 34 inches around, at her elbows (the deepest part of her chest) I think...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts