Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just this morning I was out with my dog. He pooped and we were having a good time until he started snapping at what I thought was a chipmunk hole. Then he yelped. I looked down and saw a swarm of yellow jackets."Lets go!" "Get in side!" I got him in i new had been stung 1 at least. I thought I should slicker brush him down and killed a hornet. In my Panic I might have got his eye with the brush. It started puffing and then I thought it might be a sting. So a summery he has 2 stings on his neck and somthing is wrong with his eye it looks like a sting. We might bring him to a vet today.:faint: Your opinion please.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,615 Posts
If he was stung and is SWELLING there should be no question that he be taken to a vet. Anaphylaxis can occur in dogs just like in people and it can be very dangerous. I also think you should never mess around when it comes to eyes and eye injuries..they can be much more serious than we can see with the naked eye and require an exam with an ophthalmic scope.
Poor baby.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,437 Posts
My friend just lost two of her dogs (one was a two year old) to a swarm of bees, the vets tried all they could do but they were stung way too much. Even though this doesn't sound as bad as that, I would still get him to the vet asap. In the meantime give him some benedryl and put an ice pack or something cool on the spot. That should help take some of the swelling down.

Bees have been pretty bad this year. We are always wary of holes, bushes at my house because we have bulldogs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,000 Posts
Vet. Now. If you haven't already. Gracie got stung last year and we found out the hard way that she is HIGHLY allergic. As in we drove to the e-vet at close to 100 mph because her face swelled up so bad and she was having a hard time breathing.

I also second the benadryl.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys here is an update. Fenway is fine. We brought him to the vet and he said that he should be fine. He gave him a shot of benadryl. He said to watch for signs such as vomiting or labored breathing. But on the way home we saw some blood spots so.....:deadhorse:
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top