Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 9 week old puppy today, i just ordered a crate online today so until it comes in i bought a super big box from a moving company and layered it with newspaper. the puppy is only 3 or 4 pounds so its more than enough room, the only problem is she won't stop crying! she can cry and whine alarmlying loud for a puppy her size, i know shes probably scared out of her mind and is used to sleeping with the rest of her litter and i would have no problem just ignoring the crys til she stops but there are 5 other people in the house that wouldnt like to be kept up all night by her. they'll be pissed if she keeps it up.. so at around 2am after 4 hours of continues crying and whining i pulled her out and brought her to my bed and of courses she already wet my bed :[[

what should i do? how do i make her less scared of the box, theres already toys in there but she just ignores them. and i sprayed no go on my bed and its giving me a pretty killer headache right about now. wah wah wahhh.. any advice please?

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
This is part of having a baby (puppy) in the house. Put the box in your room next to your bed so that you can just reach a hand down into the box so that she knows you're there. Take all the toys except a nice big stuffed toy (IF she won't chew it up while you're asleep) for her to cuddle with.

Just do not take her out of the box or say anything to her when she's acting up. Be sure you are scheduling at least two potty trips during the night.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I would run out to the pet store and get a crate instead of waiting until the online one comes . The puppy can't even see out which will make more desperate to get out. Unless you want the dog to permanently sleep with you, I would just deal with the crying - that's what you signed up for when you got a puppy.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I would run out to the pet store and get a crate instead of waiting until the online one comes . The puppy can't even see out which will make more desperate to get out. Unless you want the dog to permanently sleep with you, I would just deal with the crying - that's what you signed up for when you got a puppy.

If the OP ordered the crate from PetEdge he may already have received it.

Get yourself and your roommates some good earplugs to use during this time. It won't be forever. And perhaps get your roommates a nice thank you gift for puting up with the lack of sleep temporarily. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've noticed that a big stuffed animal or a dog pillow with an alarm clock inside that ticks works or in my case i just put the crate next to my bed and left a fan and a radio going beside it. I also pulled sheet over the entire crate except for a small whole where my head is so she can see someone is still there. and i think i may have had 1 night of crying and that was it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts