Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice - we brought home a female boxer puppy 4 days ago and I thought the introduction process would go a lot smoother than it did to our 4 year old chihuahua. I figured the chihuahua (male) would have time to get used to her before she got big. But since we brought her home we can’t have them in the same room, she tries to play and jump on him which scares him to death. I’ve tried letting them “play it out” but he gets so scared I’m worried I’m going to cause some psychological damage. He chihuahua barks which makes her want to play even more but rougher. She chases him and I can’t seem to get her to stop. Please help!! I’m so distraught over this because I love them both and it kills me not being able to hang out with both of them. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
You are going to have to keep them separated right now before the puppy being playful is going to hurt your Chihuahua. Until the puppy is older and learns some manners I would not have them together unless the pup is on a leash so you can keep her from jumping on your little dog. With lots of training and more age, the pup may eventually get along with the little dog but it is not going to happen for quite a while.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts