Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so on Wednesday/Thursday I will be adding a puppy to my family. She's a "super mutt" (as suggested by someone on here), and is being transported up from Florida.

layna123.jpg
laynabro.jpg

Here are some I was thinking of:

Dixie
Aspen
Layna (her current name)
Stella
Sierra
Belle

Feel free to give me any ideas! Also, my dog's name is Dakota..so something that doesn't sound too weird with his name. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I like Savvy!

My first thought was Harlequin, because of the coloring around her eyes, Harley for short.

Harley and Dakota sounds okay.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I have a Bella but I'm not overly fond of the name =/ My mother and boyfriend like the name - so it stuck. (plus there are TONS of Bella's)

I'm partial to Sierra because that's my name!

But I really like Aspen :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh, I like Harlequin/Harley!

I'm not sure about Sierra the more I think about it just because Dakota and Sierra are both truck names.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am horrible naming puppies! Had a dog named "Dawg" at one time cuz I couldn't think of a name-- lol. My husband names dogs by what they do, how they act. Major was a Disaster when we got him, Called him Major D for a long time. Maybe just see what her personallity will be first.

Diva? maybe? lol-- would have named Sadie that if we had known what she was going to be like-- its all about HER! Center of attention, the whole nine yards! But shes a good girl.
Good luck, she looks like a keeper. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She's about 16 weeks old now. She only had the name about a week since they gave it to her at the shelter.

I've been in constant contact with her foster mom and apparently she's got a very goofy personality (which goes well with her long lanky legs)!
I'm pretty in love with both Aspen and Dixie. Aspen for her white coat. Dixie because she's coming up from Florida.

·
Registered
259 Posts
What's Dixie got to do with Florida? Haha, but I vote for waiting and figuring out the dog for yourself. See what fits once you have her for yourself!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Dixie could be for PA! I have what used to be the Dixie Cup factory in my town :p

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
I think Aspen fits he best.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts