Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dachshund came inside from cold and had problems with his back legs...he walks fine once warmed up and only happens when he is outside to potty in =11 degree weather (yea our winter hit us). he warms up and he is fine but it did happen a couple times and scares me,

·
Super Moderator
2,427 Posts
This warrants a vet visit. I'd record a video of the problems if they happen again so the vet can use the video in their examination and diagnosis. I'd consider this fairly urgent because he's a breed prone to spinal issues, which can impact leg function.

Unfortunately no one here can give you anything more specific, and it's against rules to guess at a diagnosis or advise any treatment for an issue that hasn't been seen by a vet. This is to protect you and your dog, because even well-meaning medical advice can be very dangerous in the wrong situations. I wish you luck, please let us know what the vet says!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This warrants a vet visit. I'd record a video of the problems if they happen again so the vet can use the video in their examination and diagnosis. I'd consider this fairly urgent because he's a breed prone to spinal issues, which can impact leg function.

Unfortunately no one here can give you anything more specific, and it's against rules to guess at a diagnosis or advise any treatment for an issue that hasn't been seen by a vet. This is to protect you and your dog, because even well-meaning medical advice can be very dangerous in the wrong situations. I wish you luck, please let us know what the vet says!
thank you, calling vet when they open.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok vet said it is due to the cold and also gave tablets with cbd for his joints.

·
Super Moderator
2,427 Posts
I'm glad it's nothing serious! Hope he feels better soon with his meds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts