Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know if this is normal and if this will go away. Help!
My female puppy Lua was neutered yesterday and since she's got home she hasn't been able to get to her potty place once. She doesn't eve try. She just goes wherever she is. The vet said it could be because she's in pain, but she doesn't seem to be in any pain, she's playing around and I have to restrict her movement with the leash most of the time. I'm letting her out every 2 hours and she is still peeing everywhere.

Did anyone had this problem? is it normal? will it go away? how long will it take?

We live in an small apartment with no yard.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
They pump them full of fluids during surgery, and that can cause some issues. Give it a couple days, try to take her out more often if possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi! It's me again.
Lua finally made it to her potty place, and now she's doing fine on that. She's able to hold it just as before the surgery.
But now the problem is that she wont eat unless I feed her with my hand. If I leave the plate full of food she will come sniff it a few times and leave.

Should I worry?
The vet said that maybe she's relating the food with the bad taste of the medicine, and that I should just remove the plate and let her starve until the next meal time.
What do you suggest?

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I think that it may be something simpler, like pain/discomfort. I suggest that you continue the pampering for a week or so. If you have pain meds, they usually take the edge off ... required for about 3 days ... Some vets don't provide them unless asked, and some provide them for 1 - 2 weeks.

If she still requires hand feeding after 2 weeks, then you might look into other causes. But, if she's reasonably happy and pooping, I wouldn't worry just yet... except for the inconvenience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts