Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a 9 month old Papillon. He has been acting strange all day and it is only getting worse. Here are the things that have been out of the ordinary:
1. Diarrhea
2. Clingyness towards me and avoidance of my friend and boyfriend who live with me
3. Constant shaking
4. Sleeping more than usual
5. Quicker and more urgent potty breaks
6. Trying to get in my boyfriend's car while I was at work
The only thing I can think of is that he may be constipated from a new food we had to get him because his regular food was on order. It's the same brand just a different flavor. I gave him a bath earlier and scrubbed his butt from the diarrhea. When I try to play with him he acts normal. Can anyone tell me what could be wrong and what I can do about it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Go. To. The. Vet.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
AGREE It is hard to diagnose a disease without actually seeing the patient. Your dog needs to be seen by a vet. Sorry hope for the best for you and your dog.
Not to mention the collection of symptoms is pretty worrying. Never mind getting a diagnosis, it seems pretty clear (to me) from that collection of symptoms that he needs medical attention regardless of what's causing them. Especially the shaking - that's not a symptom that really comes up often...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts