Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a beautiful, one-year old Golden Retriever. He is very lovable and lively. Unfortunately, he eats poop - his own and that of other dogs. We can control eating his own by removing it promptly, but when off leash it seems he hunts down other dogs' waste and eats it. Someone suggested an electronic collar. This is our third Golden (first poop eater), and we have never even thought about an electronic collar, but we are desperate at the moment. Any advice would be so helpful.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
It could be because he is not getting the right food, or some just like the smell/taste or other dogs poo, or some dogs just like a clean area and will clear up dog poo, you could muzzle him, and hopefully he will grow out of it, where i used to live a man had to muzzle his lab, because the dog kept doing this too, and the dog was a guide dog, Holly used to do this as a pup, but she only ate her's and my old dogs, she didn't actually stop until she was gone 1, so maybe he will grow out of it, Holly know likes the taste of cat poo though, she finds loads of it on the green, i just watch her, i hardly ever let her sniff on the green out front, she is on a training lead so i just pull her away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts