Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog Indy has played well with Bear at the dog park a number of times in the past and today they started off well playing together for a while... Then Bear got tired of playing and walked away. Well, Indy off and on kept tring to goad Bear into playing with him. Indy would run up and bark in Bears face. Ocationally it worked but after a while Bear got tired and fed up and eventually attacked Indy. Indy and bear were both ok but Indy got a little minor bite/cut on his neck. Nothing serious but it could have been much worse. Bear isn't a mean dog but Indy just kept pressing bears buttons until he snapped.

Indy plays well with others. He does a very good job matching the other dogs energy level, unfortunatly that includes when a dog gets mean. Generally, He will leave alone dogs that don't want to play but he doesn't catch on when the other playful dog is done playing. Running up and barking at dogs isn't his only jerk move he also likes to grab other dogs collars...
Indy is a 40 lb jrt mix and he's great with smaller dogs and dogs his size but he really loves to pester big dogs and i afraid he's going to mess with the wrong dog again.

He has too much energy to stop going to dog parks but I'm afraid he's going to start something much worse one of these days.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Point well taken. I have left in the past with other dogs.
What threw me today was that half the time Bear did want to play... The other times I'd work to redirect Indy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts