Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

Needing some advice! My 13 week Dalmador broke her top canine tooth last night playing tug with a plush toy, it was a baby canine, she didnt wine or anything, i didnt even notice until about 2 mins later when we were laying in bed and i saw blood on her toy...it bled for about five-ten mins, i can see some red in the tooth and am thinking that might be the nerve? She is acting completely normal, running around and playing and eating. I should also mention she already has some adult teeth poking through in the back, she started the teething process at about 9-10 weeks (i read large breed dogs tend to go through this faster)... There seem to be two main responses on the internet: Take her to the vet for extraction. and Wait it out and keep and eye on it for infection and that the adult tooth should push the rest of the baby tooth out.

I want to do the right thing for my puppy, but i tend to over react. I also know that the vet will automatically recommend extraction because the vets here want you to pay for every service ever.

Has anyone ever gone through this?

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
When in doubt, go to the vet. But, if the pulp is visible it probably hurts, whether or not she is showing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.