Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll get some better pictures of this guy tomorrow (or try to - might be a bit longer).

He's lived on a chain for the past five years, belongs to the neighbor and he's finally asked us to rehome him (and do whatever it takes to make that happen). That will be easier if I have some kind of guess as to his breed mix.

He's a very, very heavily built dog with brow ridges (?), shorter than Molly and heavier. He's also a sweetheart.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Aw he's cute! No idea about the breed though, his face throws me off. Looks like his brow is furrowed like he's trying to make a decision lol. I wanna guess that he's got some bc or aussie in him though because of his coat.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Poor guy looks like he needs a good grooming. Would hate to see those mats. No idea on breed... looks like he has a lot of them in there haha.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I second English Shepherd... Or English Shepherd x Beagle mix maybe. The face reminds me of some beagle lines.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Tricolor Pip

Yeah I'm no help. Herder x bully?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have no idea on breed, but I think he kinda looks like Kylie!

·
Registered
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Any sort of behavioral clues?
Not really. Or, not really anything distinctive that I can separate from 'dog spent his life on a chain', beyond the fact that he's remarkably sweet and friendly all things considered. And has a very spotty tongue.

His coat is *definitely* a mess and is going to take ages to clean up, and he is colored like Kylie which is kind of endearing on some level. I'd buy herderXbully or... maybe even beagle? That one hadn't occurred to me much.

·
Registered
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
May the chain be cut forever.
Soon, I hope. Heck, I'll take just getting it off at all. There's going to be off and on counter conditioning games going on today, for me to be able to leash him I think. If I can't get there fairly quickly I'm just undoing the whole chain.

Anyway, better pictures.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
His coat reminds me of an aussie and his face looks chow-ish. I hope you are able to find him a good home, he totally deserves it.

·
Registered
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
His coat reminds me of an aussie and his face looks chow-ish. I hope you are able to find him a good home, he totally deserves it.
Yeah, getting a better look at his ears, his head/face shape are pretty chow-y. (It's hard to see this stuff in perpetual motion, okay? And he was having a ball chasing down treats I was tossing and pouncing at me.)

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I definitely see chow in the face and ears in the second set of pics.

·
Registered
17,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I first looked at his body I thought sheltie. Chow X sheltie? Please nooooooo
Herder X Chow sounds like a nightmare doesn't it? He's pretty sweet, regardless. Lots of pent up energy and suspicious of new stuff (ie: me getting a leash on him) but I think he'll be okay once I can get him away from the spot he's lived his whole life.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts