Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

So I went to look at a litter today, and I picked out this little girl!
I've waited SO long to get a dog, and I believe that at this point in my life it is a perfect time to be able to take on the responsibility of a dog. She's exactly 4 weeks old today, only 4 more to go before I bring her home! She's a Lab/Shepherd cross. I have NO idea what to name her, and I'm really open to any suggestions. I know I probably wont be able to chose a name before I get to spend a few days with her, but I'd like to have some "favorites" in mind.

I only have the one picture so far, but enjoy :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congratulations ! She is beautiful. She will get big, so a strong name would be good, like Tempest or Tundra.... I'll keep thinking. Maybe a Native American name. I am excited for you !

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I'm partial to names with meaning, and seeing that she'll be strong...
Berta
-To be Strong, relentless (african origin)
Mina
-strong-willed warrior (english origin)
Philomena
-strong friend (greek origin)
Timber
-Wood, strong (American origin)
Zephyra
-Strong wind (greek origin)

... or since she'll probably be very beautiful....
Aimi
-Beautiful Love (japanese origin)
Bella
-Beautiful (Italian origin)
Elu
-Beautiful, fair (native american)
Zi
-Beautiful, Graceful (chinese origin)

there are so many more names though. :D she's gonna be a looker! lol. I'm excited for you.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
TOF: I'm like you. I have to spend some time with my animal to name it. Daja was named after have a few drinks with friends. Mortimer's name started out as Voldemort (from Harry Potter).

That said, Maya is good but you will get a better feel when you get her home. Good luck and congrats! She is a cutie...gotta love the tummy :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a lab/shepard mix for 9 years and we had to put him down due to stomach cancer...They are great dogs!!!! I think she looks like a kayle.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I like Eva.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I guess it depends on if you like "people" names or other types of names. You can always check a baby name site for lots of ideas. My son named his dog Murray because we bought her in a town called Murray, so she lived witha guy's name (son was 9 at the time.) My daughter named her dog Nala, after Lion King (daughter was 6 at the time.) Hubby and I named our new puppy Dallas because hubby is a Dallas Cowboys fan. Your new puppy looks very cute. How exciting!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Britta, is the german equivalent of Bridget, and i think is the perfect name for a cute and cheeky little shepherd (or shepherd mix!). Or Eeva, is Finnish for "life", perfect for a pup thats full of life and go!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts