Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG_6321.jpg IMG_6334.jpg IMG_6335.jpg
Hi everyone,
I'm brand new to this forum, because I need some good advice with my new puppy.
I got him two days ago from a couple who aren't very informed about anything. The litter was an accident because they didn't get their dog spayed. Bob Barker would be disappointed.
His vet appointment isn't until next week (My vet is a busy guy!)
So, quick facts about Tucker:
* Measurements:
~Head: 5" (back of head to nose)
~ Muzzle: 1.75"
~Front leg: 6"
~Legnth (base of tail to neck) about 11"
~Tail: Tail 6"
~ weight: 3-5 lbs

*His fur is very different than other dogs I've been around. It's very thick, and almost curly. I think it's double layered, and in the sun it's like a chocolate brown.

*His feet aren't very big.

* He's completely black but half his other siblings weren't. Two were blue merle, and one was a tan/fawn color. There were 6 in the litter.

*The only idea of heritage that I know of is that "the mom is a shepherd of some kind... one that doesn't grow much"..... My guess is a miniature Australian Shepherd. Which would explain the blue Merle puppies.

Now, I asked how old they were and they didn't know the exact date, but all his puppy teeth are in, so he's at least 8 weeks.

They lived in a rural area, but about 10 minutes from a decent sized city in NW PA

So.. help? :)
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
I'd say that daddy dog is probably a Lab.

·
Registered
17,901 Posts
That's what I thought too, but he's very very small for being a mix of those breeds.
Both labs and aussies are about 11/13 lbs at 8 weeks. He's around 4b.
Don't discount mom's influence. If she was some kind of small dog, he could get her size. I've seen 25lb beagleXlabs that just looked like tiny labs (father was confirmed). 4lb at 8 weeks would be just about on track for a 20lb dog, and that would fit with a mini-aussie.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
One of my co workers has a puppy she rescued at 6 weeks old. She's now 7 weeks, looks just like your puppy except has a little white on her nose and chest. BC was confirmed in the mix, so that's my guess! BC could also explain the merle too... I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts