Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my friends dog that i want to get like his but he doesnt know its breed all he knows is that its a lab mix. Now i dont know exactly what else it could be mixed with, maybe shepard. it has pointed ears, its all tan/yellow with some white on the tip of his tail, he has webbed feet like a lab. Please help me figure this out cause its a real goo dlookin gdog and i would love to be able to find one just like his. The first picture of him when he was a puppy and the second picture is of him now. i couldnt find a picture of him with out anything semi covering his head but you get the jist of it. If better pictures will help let me know and ill try to get some.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
How big is he? That might be a lab x border collie, but without a better picture and knowing the size, it's hard to say.

Why don't you just look on petfinder.com? There are thousands of mixes in shelters and rescues in need of homes, and there are half a dozen in my area right now that look a lot like that dog.

Keep in mind, though, there's more to dogs than looks, and just because your friends lab mix acts one way, doesn't mean all the lab mixes will be exactly the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now, being full grown i would say he is weighing in at about 70lbs and is roughly 22in at shoulder height. And i wasnt aware of that website untill now...as far as how them not all acting the same way, thats what im hoping for.ha

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
70lbs? Shepherd x lab, then, maybe. It's not hard to find lab mixes or shepherd mixes in need of homes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah for sure im gonna look around and try to adopt one before going to a breeder, just was wanting help as to identifying the breeds that you guys might think is in this dog based on the features. My buddy who owns the dog says hes a mix of lab and Australian Shepard but im not too sure on that. let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
My dog is a Lab-GSD mix... but there are many flavors. The little dog off to the side, looks more like a Lab-GSD in the picture of the dog with the hat.

Yours may have more Lab than GSD, or maybe a little Pit or hound.

When I look for German Shepherd or Labrador Retriever on Petfinder, I can find 100s of Lab mixes that may look like your dog. I'd gamble that the local pound, shelter, or rescues would also have that mix.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
The little dog off to the side, looks more like a Lab-GSD in the picture of the dog with the hat.
I do believe they are the same dog, just puppy/adult versions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts