Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just adopted a puppy from an agency. They told me she was a lab mix but not too sure what she was mixed with. She's the sweetest thing, her name is Abby. I had a beagle but she passed away last year so Abby will be our new addition to the family. Can anyone tell what breed she might be mixed with? She's still a puppy so I know it might be kind of hard to tell but I'm sure most of you will have a better clue than I do. Thanks and any advice would also be appreciated =)

20120819_010059.jpg abby.jpg 20120819_032228.jpg

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
How big is she? She could be a lab x beagle mix.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
She'll probably be 55-60 pounds or so when full grown. I do see Lab and Beagle. . .and maybe Pug? Maybe Mom was a Lab and Dad was a Puggle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm going out on a limb but I would say one of the following LabxStaffie, Lab x fox hound, labxpointer
I don't think you could tell for sure till she matures.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Love the ears! She looks very similar to one of my fosters, a lab/beagle mix I had a while back. I think she was a little smaller than your pup is going to be, but I finally found a picture to show you! She was around 8 months old at the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After being with abby for a week, we are starting to get this feeling she might be a lab/boxer mix. She always keeps her paws up like a boxer but we can be wrong.

·
Registered
14 Posts
With the exception of the white on her toes, she looks exactly like our newly adopted puppy. From internet searches, we've come up with lab/pitt bull, lab/greyhound and lab/doberman. But really, anything goes.

Our vet suggested lab/shepherd because of the white on his chest. IMHO I think he's wrong. but, I don't know breeds that well. So, who knows.

Good luck finding out. I'm interested to see what others have to say.

·
Registered
943 Posts
She looks pretty similar to my friends lab/dane puppy, but I"m not sure if the sizing fits. Anyway I agree with what most others have said possible lab/hound or bully breed. Could be a hint of dane in there but I can't say for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts