Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her name is Nina and she's 7 months old. Any guesses as to what breeds she might composed of are welcome. Also, i'm wondering if she will get any bigger. Thank you.

·
Registered
630 Posts
She's very cute. If you say how much she weighs and how tall, people could give you a better answer. If those tiles she is lying on are 1-foot square, she's just a little thing, but the first thing I thought when I saw her face was St. Bernard mix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you. They are one foot squares but she's taking up two of them in the picture where she's laying down.. I'd say she's abot 15-20 lbs. She's short but quite long. her paws seem large which is why I think she's still got some growing to do. Thanks again for your response. :)

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Her structure and bone (front legs specifically), coat length and color, black mask, strength of lower jaw/muzzle, - and earset indicate to me she could be a Tibetan Spaniel mix, or maybe a Peke mix. It could be one of those breeds was a grandparent. Her feet REALLY look like a Tibbie's hare feet. Tibbie x Dachshund maybe?

As Tibbies are kind of rare, the other mix that will often give that soft round eye, downsloped but strong muzzle and strength of bone is a Cavalier mix.

What is her personality like? Is she a calm pup for seven months - or hyper etc.

SOB

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Surprisingly calm for 7 months. We just got her this morning from a friend who got her from a shelter but couldn't keep her. She's been bounced around enough. Time for her to have a real home. I thought "duchsund" too because of how long she is. I also keep thinking" retriever" because of how thick the fur is and how it feels. I never heard of Tibbies but I will look them up. I am fimiliar with Cavaliers and I can't say that I see any cavalier in her. I should probably mention that I am in Portugal. Maybe Tibbies aren't as rare here. :) Thanks for your response.

I just looked up Tibetan Spanials and I kinda see what you mean. The only thing is she isn't nearly as tiny as a tibby or a Peke. In fact her head almost seems too big for her body. lol She is def a mutt.

·
Registered
9,385 Posts
1. At 7 mos, I'm guessing she won't get more than ~30 lbs. (Rule of thumb: A Pup is ~ 50% of adult weight at ~5 mos)
2. Guess - Part Corgi, Lab, Collie ... based on color and shapes ?

Her personality may change significantly as she gets used to her 'forever' home. In the first week, most pups can be timid and tentative as they try to learn the rules. Expect her to get more energetic and more confident.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The shape of her muzzle and ears remind of of a Lab. Thanks for your response. I look forward to watching her personality unfold.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Her first night with us went great. No whining or accidents during the night. She whined/yelped a bit this morning around 9a.m. I got up and immediately took her out. She didn't go pee or poo so I guess she was just wanting company. The more I look at her the more she seems like a german shephard head on a corgi body. One thing I find interesting is that she is quite lazy for only being 7 months. She walks a few steps and then plops her whole body down on the ground. She sleeps/naps a lot and when she is alert she pants pretty regularly. It' not overly hot here but then again she's wearing a fur coat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh I'm sure she has much more than 2 mixes. She came from a shelter in Portugal. She probably comes from mutt parents and mutt grandparents. Bless her heart :)

·
Banned
693 Posts
You know, the shape of those short front legs and her feet remind me of a basset.
Me too! I thought I was going crazy, but I'm glad you see it as well. The shape of her legs and feet, as well as the way her left foot twists slightly outwards. That's a really common Bassett trait and I don't see it in a lot of other dogs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts