Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have a lab named Lenard who is just under 2 years old. A few months ago I noticed a growth on his foot in between his paws. It was a small, grey cylinder shape. At first I thought it was a tick, but after looking closer I realized it was actually growing out of his foot. It grew and changed shapes. Now it is the size of a quarter and it is about 1/4 of an inch thick with hair like projections. I brought him to the vet and he said it was a wart and that it wasn't necessary to get it removed if it did not bother the dog. Since it didn't bother Lenard and was going to cost 400$ for removal, we decided to let it be.
That was about 3 months ago and the wart has gotten slightly bigger. i am concerned that it could be something else. I tried researching dog warts on the computer and have not found anythign that resembles what is on his foot. I am attaching a picture. Has anyone seen anythign similar to this? thank you in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I don't know if it's simply a wart or something else. I tend to err on the side of caution though... It's growing so I think I'd just get it removed. The fact that it's growing freaks me out and it could, eventually, grow big enough to become an issue.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I have a lab named Lenard who is just under 2 years old. A few months ago I noticed a growth on his foot in between his paws. It was a small, grey cylinder shape. At first I thought it was a tick, but after looking closer I realized it was actually growing out of his foot. It grew and changed shapes. Now it is the size of a quarter and it is about 1/4 of an inch thick with hair like projections. I brought him to the vet and he said it was a wart and that it wasn't necessary to get it removed if it did not bother the dog. Since it didn't bother Lenard and was going to cost 400$ for removal, we decided to let it be.
That was about 3 months ago and the wart has gotten slightly bigger. i am concerned that it could be something else. I tried researching dog warts on the computer and have not found anythign that resembles what is on his foot. I am attaching a picture. Has anyone seen anythign similar to this? thank you in advance!
The only way to find out what it is would be to GO TO A VET. You will not be able to get a diagnosis on the internet!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.