Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
Yikes! Is that SHAG???????

Yeah.. get most of it up before you do anything else...

If you have to do this quickly, get a pail of warm water and a large sponge and start damping it (don't scrub it). Just keep patting it with the wet sponge, rinsing and ringing frequently. You will end up with a wet spot on the carpet but that will dry. You can help drying along with a dry towel.

You may have to use a MILD soap but use it sparingly or you will be rinsing for days.

Removing things from fabric the best thing to remember is like removes like. Water based stains/dirt can be removed best with water. The Water molecule's polarity make it the universal solvent...

Which leads me to a Universal Question:

With lots of easy to clean floor surfaces in the house WHY do the dogs and the cats HAVE to puke on the CARPET???????? and I know exctly how much I feed my animals.. How can what I feed them become 7X that in puke? DO they have a secret pouch for the stuff?????

One of my cats found it amusing to not only hit the carpet but to make a deposit in my shoe... which I did not find until I had to use the shoe for work.. Oh never mind...

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yes I'm planning to shampoo the whole carpet.

I'm wondering how do I pick it up? Put on gloves and use paper towels or scrape it up with something. It is like really thick but still liquady.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
Let it dry first. Otherwise it will grind into the carpet fibers. After it dries, use a spatual or a putty knife and carefully proceed with removal.....

Yeah.. gross and you got to live with "it" there until it dries...

You can use the spatual with it wet, but.. you may make a bigger mess.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome you guys thanks!

Yikes! Is that SHAG???????

Yeah.. get most of it up before you do anything else...

If you have to do this quickly, get a pail of warm water and a large sponge and start damping it (don't scrub it). Just keep patting it with the wet sponge, rinsing and ringing frequently. You will end up with a wet spot on the carpet but that will dry. You can help drying along with a dry towel.

You may have to use a MILD soap but use it sparingly or you will be rinsing for days.

Removing things from fabric the best thing to remember is like removes like. Water based stains/dirt can be removed best with water. The Water molecule's polarity make it the universal solvent...

Which leads me to a Universal Question:

With lots of easy to clean floor surfaces in the house WHY do the dogs and the cats HAVE to puke on the CARPET???????? and I know exctly how much I feed my animals.. How can what I feed them become 7X that in puke? DO they have a secret pouch for the stuff?????

One of my cats found it amusing to not only hit the carpet but to make a deposit in my shoe... which I did not find until I had to use the shoe for work.. Oh never mind...
I did not see your reply before, guess I was typing mine at the same time.

Yes it is shag.

As for flooring, we only have carpet since moving into this place! :(

We already bought some tile to put in a few rooms, though I'm sure carpet will still be their choice.

I'm glad in a way that this was on the carpet and not in his crate. He puked out of his crate gate onto the carpet. Otherwise he would have to be in it until I woke up and found it.

However as for him, it is his "own fault" in a way that this is what happens when you over eat, especially for a dog that is on 100% raw diet. He was just pooping a lot, going out every few hours. I got up at 2am, then 5am, then later again and found the puke. I had a problem before when baby sitting that I soon learned not to leave the visiting dogs' kibble in a bucket at floor level. This time I put it in a container with lid and he figured out how to open it and ate almost all of it!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts