Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi meet Louie he is about 5 years old and loves to cuddle. When I bought him I didn't really know what breed he was. Looking at other pictures of other dogs I think he might me a yorkie / jack Russell mix. I was wondering if anyone else could help me identify him.

Also, I am moving to a bigger place with a back yard soon and would like to get another dog to be Louie's companion. Does anyone have any suggestions about dogs that get along well with a yorkie / jack russell mix. Louie is pretty friendly and really playful and full of energy. I think both he and I would benefit a lot from another dog in the house

Attachments

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
He looks yorkie/shih tzu to me, possibly with something else (the more I look the more I see the JRT). But I'm not good with small dog breeds - a lot of them tend to look the same to me unless side-by-side. He's very cute though!

Breed matters far less than the individuals. If you're looking for another dog and if you're willing to adopt, the best thing to do IMO is find a dog that gets along with Louie. Most shelters will let any dogs currently in the home meet the potential adoptee. In fact, some require it as otherwise you're just setting up dogs to be returned or abandoned again in case the dogs don't get along.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
That face! Those ears! Too cute!

I would buy a JRT x Yorkie, or maybe a Yorkie x mini Schnauzer.

As for dogs that Louie would like, you want to match energy levels and play style. What about going to a shelter and testing Louie against dogs there? You could also contact local rescues, tell them all about Louie and see if they have any dogs available they think would be a match.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts