Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend and I have had "Kenya" for around a year and a half. Kenya is such a sweet, loyal, friendly, and not to mention adorable dog that we are very curious what breeds she is a mix of. So that, for our next dog, we can find one with a similar qualities. We believe she is part aussie or collie, but thats all we have. if anyone has ever seen a similar mix or can tell what her breeds are, please share!

·
Registered
662 Posts
I would say Aussie/Sheltie mix.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I see Australian shepherd with Greyhound. I think she has the elegant posture and long legs of sighthounds, but granted it is a bit hard to tell because of her position. Do you have a side picture of her standing?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
She looks VERY Australian Shepherd to me. In fact, that coat color isn't unheard of in purebred aussies. I can't quite tell what her build looks like from this angle, though, so I can't say what else she may be mixed with. Do you have a pic of her standing from the side?

She's VERY beautiful by the way!! :biggrin1:

·
Registered
356 Posts
She is gorgeous! Seriously - just a beautiful dog. Like the others, I'd be curious to see a pic of her standing.

I do see Australian Shepherd in her, but not sure what else. I'm terrible at breed guessing, although I think it's fun trying.

Is she somewhat brindle? It's a bit difficult to tell.

·
Banned
199 Posts
One of my mother's Aussies has this exact coat. He's much less "delicate" looking than this, though, I agree that there could be some type of sighthound mixed in there.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
She looks somewhat similar to my guy. Just less bulky!

But my boy is Aussie x Akita.

I would say yours has Aussie and maybe some sighthound.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
need some standing pictures. He kinda looks like a longerhaired version of Mina. I honistly see very little aussie in this dog, the head and build is really off. Maybe 1/4 aussie but I don't think it's half. But I would like to see more than one picture

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm seeing more BC in her than Aussie. Much more fine-boned, and longer in the back. Either way, pretty pup!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts