Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my friend found this little pup a week ago and i have taken her in as my own. People have been asking what she is, and im not sure what to say except that i think she is part boxer. that's all i can tell. she is very calm most of the time, very laid back, especially for a puppy. she is so affectionate and i'm currently trying to get her over some seperation anxiety issues. she is also very quiet, rarely barks. she also seems very smart, as i've all ready got her pretty well potty trained and she knows her name and will sit on command and i've only had her a week. She is around 2 months old and weighs 7.5 lbs. her coloring is very boxer-esque, but she is not at all built like one and her snout is much longer. her head seems to be shaped differently too. any help is appreciated! im very curious.

pics...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think she looks Begian Malinois/pit or boxer. Some type of bully breed in there. It's hard to tell until they get about 6+ months. Sometimes it's just hard to tell period. lol

What the heck is going on with her tail?? Is it bald except for the tip?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yeah im afraid so. when my friend found her she had terrible fleas and apparently flea bites are especially painful on the tail so she chewed it so much the hair fell out and its all scarred now. but she has no more fleas now and the hair is starting to grow back fortunately. yeah im not sure ill ever really know what she is she may just be from a long line of mutts

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
If she's 7 lbs now it's likely she'll be a medium to large dog (maybe 40-60 lbs) but it's really hard to tell. If she was malnourished she may just be "slow" on the growth scale and some dogs seem to grow a lot and then just STOP. LOL
It's always a mystery!

She looks boxer/bully breed to me..but it's really hard to say with pups, they change their looks a lot over the first 6-7 months of life.

She's VERY cute though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i hope she doesnt get too big haha i guess i'll just have to wait and see. she probably was malnourished when we found her

1 - 7 of 7 Posts