Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Westie who is a little over a year old and a Yorkie/Silky who is a little over two years old. My Westie <Kloie> is almost potty trained. I have been crate training her since day one. She will every now and then have an accident in the house. For example, this morning, she was outside for about an hour. I let her in and fed her. As soon as she got done eating she walked into the living room and pooped on the floor! I let her outside right away. I do not know how to prevent such accidents. She went directly from eating to the living room and pooped.
Then my Silky <Spaz> will pee and poop in his crate. I have been working on crate training him for about three months. He is only in his crate at max 2 hours at a time. I used to have a blanket/towel in his crate and he would pee on it. I took it out and that helped some. He has the right crate and I restrict his food and water.
I got Spaz from our local PetSmart adoption center and I bought Kloie from a breeder. Any suggestions?? :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
My Maggie is 1.5 and is not fully trained. I upped the treat value to homemade dried liver and it worked wonders. She wont tell me she needs to go out but she will stare at me with her ears down a bit and I know (so I guess she is telling me LOL) I only gave these treats for potty training. And always treat every time they go out side...and make sure you are right there treating when they go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts