Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got a Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppy, he is 10 weeks old and has not received his vaccinations yet (will be soon) he isnt eating the dry food that i am giving him, he is now vomiting and squealing a lot and he has the runs when does his poo...
i have no clue what these symptoms are suggesting please help ive heard that it could be worms but im unsure.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Sorry to hear your pup isn't feeling well. It could be worms, but it could also be parvo, which is VERY serious and requires immediate vet care. There are a number of other things that it could be, especially since he hasn't been vaccinated, but it is better to be safe than sorry...PLEASE get your pup to a vet NOW! Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Just after I brought Zoey home, she was maybe 12-13 weeks old, she started puking and having diarrhea. She had almost all her shots, and had just had a check up the week before, but I called the office and they said to bring her right in, she exploded with diarrhea (there is just no other way to put that) in the middle of the exam room, which turned out to be good, bc the vet tested it and she had C. diff in her gut, she had to be on antibiotics and probiotics and an anti-diarrheal for a couple weeks, she got better. I am glad I didnt wait. Take your puppy in and try to get a poop sample to take with you. When they are that little, just like human babies, any major illness is a big deal.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Get the dog to a vet as soon as possible, if not faster. This is serious and could easily kill your dog, any illness, especially a vomit/diarrhea illness is very very serious, it could be parvo, which is also very highly contagious.

The dog needs to be seen by a vet now, not later but now.

Taryn

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yes getting this pup to the vet is very important...pups can dehydrate so FAST and can die quickly because of it. Hopefully its not parvo and can be treated with meds but waiting when pups are so young isn't a good idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts