Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beagle/JRT mix was attacked yesterday morning by 2 pitbulls. He has bite marks all over his neck, left foot and head. I took him to the vet but they are closee for the weekend :( . I wash his wounds and cleaned it with anti-bacterial soap and some acohol.

Im worried now that he jsut sits/lays there all day doing nothing. No eatting, drinkin, peeing, or pooping. He just stares into space.. Im worried he is in shock or something.

Help please:Cry:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Is there no emergancy vet where you are? I'd be getting him in somewhere, asap,even if I had to travel a bit. There may be, and probably are, wounds on the inside that you cannot see. He could get septic, infection...and indeed he could be in shock. There is a lot that could be wrong that can't be seen with human eyes, he needs an xray and some other tests most likely. I'd try to find the closest ER vet and get him in asap. There's nothing anyone can do over the internet but tell you to see a vet.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yep, get your pup to an emergency vet, ASAP. He might have internal damage that WILL kill him if left untreated. It will be expensive, but if he's shut down like that, it's vital.

l'm sorry that this has happened to you.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Have you tried calling your regular vet or other vets in the area? Often they will have it set up so whoever is "on call" that weekend will get a message when theres an emergency even though the office is closed.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
All Vets have phone numbers to call if your dog is injured. If Not, pick up your phone book and start calling. Your dog could have been saved if you got it to the vet already. Now? It may be too late.

As a Pit Bull Owner, I plead with you to not use the term "Pit Bull" Unless you know for use it was an ACTUAL Pit Bull that came after your dog. I'm am very sorry that your dog got attacked, but often, it's not really a Pit Bull that attacked you but another breed of dog that resembles a Pit Bull.

Get your dog to the vet NOW I mean Last night NOW. Good luck, I hope it's not too late.

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
as everyone else said, call the vet. Someone will be covering on-call and if not, call a different vet. And NEVER put alcohol on a wound. The antibacterial soap is ok, but not alcohol. Hopefully you wont even see this because you're at the vets.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
So sorry to hear that your dog got attacked by 2 "fuzzy wuzzy bully type" breed dogs. Your dog absolutely needs to see a vet. Call every vet in the phone book, if needed. Many times the answering machine will give an emergency ph # for after hours.
Your dog may have internal bleeding, be in shock, or other injuries you can't see. He probably needs to be on antibiotics at least to prevent infection. Most punctures require drains so they will not harbor infections.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts