Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! we have a 2 and a half year old Cavachon (caviler and bichon) and she's been having trouble lately. She fairly well trained except for the occasional barking spasm at the neighbor's cat :) lately she's been pooping in the house and we can't figure out why. i mean she goes outside too. and its always in the same place and usually while we are home. whats going on?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
and its always in the same place and usually while we are home. whats going on?
Have you cleaned the spot with a really good enzyme cleaner? You have to make sure there are no traces of the smell there at all. Also, if this is a relatively new behaviour, I've have her checked out by your vet to ensure nothing medical is going on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for replying! yes, we use Natures miracle every time in insane amounts! :) and i don't think its medical because its just like her usual poop. my mom thinks that its because i just got new fish and Annabelle (our dog) is jealous. but this behavior started before i got the fish.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Yeah, dogs don't usually poop out of jealousy. I mean, you don't poop unless you've got to poop, right? I second a trip to the vet. Anytime there are changes, it's always good to rule out medical issues.

Any changes in routines (the dog's or yours), or environment (even something as simple as rearranging furniture or getting new furniture) can affect potty training.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts