Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have a 5-year-old puggle that won't eat anything for about 1 week now.

Wednesday: He only ate half of his food (Taste of The Wild), which seem abnormal, He went to the back and started eating grass and threw up. Drank Water ok
Thursday: He vomited up again mostly biles i gave no food since he vomited. Drank more than normal water
Friday: He vomited biles, few times during that day, he ate a very small portion of boiled chicken. Drank lots of water
Saturday: more vomiting, but keep drinking water
Sunday: ate very little of rice, lots of water and lots of peeing.

Monday(yesterday) lots of vomit on the morning (biles), energy level seem lower than normal took him to the Vet, they ran a full blood exam on him came everything came back normal, they ran X-rays and everything seem normal, they gave him some under the skin fluids, and some anti-vomit medication, also gave me some pills to to kick his appetite, i gave him one, he threw it up, gave him another one i left inside the crate a small amount of blend formula food

Tuesday: When I woke up this morning he ate that, but peed a ton (inside his crate, never done that), more than I ever seem him pee. I left him with a bit more food, checked back on him few hours later and no eating, took him back to the vet, they repeated the x-rays (just in case) and did a urine test everything came back negative...

So the doctor gave me a few pills for like gastroenteritis, another for vomiting, one for the stomach and one for parasites. She told me she had no idea what's going on and why he won't eat but to try that...

Im very worried that ill wake up next morning and my dog will just be dead from starvation. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
146 Posts
I am so very sorry to hear about your dog.
I have no advice other than to recommend you see another vet and get a second opinion.
Also, I'd keep offering a little bit of chicken and rice throughout the day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope your dog is okay. It's time to get a second opinion from a different vet clinic.
Ya he didnt eat today either but for some reason he still active, and moving his tail when he sees me, still drinking water and taking his meds. I will give him one more day, if still not eating will looking for a different vet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,378 Posts
Ya he didnt eat today either but for some reason he still active, and moving his tail when he sees me, still drinking water and taking his meds. I will give him one more day, if still not eating will looking for a different vet
In the meantime maybe you could try giving him bone broth or some other liquid with some nutritional value.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
Have his teeth/mouth been thoroughly checked?
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top