Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking at adopting a puppy from a farm but owner does not know breed. Any help would be appreciated.

$(KGrHqN,!rEE-8kldqbBBPyEgNDRBQ~~48_20.JPG $(KGrHqFHJEgE-muhtjmCBPyEgQgmrQ~~48_20.JPG $(KGrHqZ,!jIE-Nqs!3cmBPyEgTMGz!~~48_20.JPG

·
Registered
11,352 Posts
Does the owner know what the mom is?

Where are you (part of the country)? Some dogs are much more common down south for example. I could see hound, mountain cur, lab, maybe a little pit. they could also have different fathers so guessing one dog from a litter doesn't always help in guessing any other dog in the litter. I definitely see something hound like in both of them though.

If you like the dog and you don't mind a possibly big dog, then I wouldn't worry too much about the mix.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Too young to tell. Every Lab, Boxer, Bulldog mix looks the same at this age.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Why is the bred so important to know if you are going to take the pup then just take the pup.
Its breeding shouldn't come into it if you are getting a mix breed.

This is a forum that only wants to hear the thing's they agree with.
If you have other idea's then don't say them or they will ban you.
This is the truth.
Then don't post here? The OP was looking for any breed guesses, not seemingly butt hurt members. I'm not sure why you're projecting on this random person.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Why is the bred so important to know if you are going to take the pup then just take the pup.

This is a forum that only wants to hear the thing's they agree with.
If you have other idea's then don't say them or they will ban you.
This is the truth.
Well, it might matter to the landlord or the insurance company or the town busybodies if a dog is a pit bull or a mix. Not to me, I used to have some pit bulls and one of the best dogs I ever had was a pit bull/ beagle cross. Brindle pit bull body and tail, beagle ears and howl. But it would be tough to bring a dog home and then be told you had to get rid of it or lose your insurance, etc.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Isn't it funny I got in trouble for back seat moderating and here you are doing the very same thing.
So mind your own buisness.
i cant figure out how youre not banned yet....

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Isn't it funny I got in trouble for back seat moderating and here you are doing the very same thing.
So mind your own buisness.
What am I moderating? You seemingly don't like this forum and hijacked some poor guys/gals thread to say so, so I'm curious to why you still post here if it's so bad you must shout it from the roof tops. I don't like a lot of forums, so I just quit posting on them.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
OK.. back away, not today, disco lady.
Laughing so hard I'm crying. Y u do that to me?

Also, looks like it could be a lil Pit mix. Cute lil bugger for sure <3

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
OP, your puppy is a purebred Adorable. Without a doubt. Note the rolls of pudge, and the spots on the feet, and the little floppy ears.
Definitely a show quality Adorable.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
The vet can DNA test the dog and tell you the breed that's how I know what my puppy is
You can buy the same DNA test for fifty bucks. Sadly, these DNA tests are extremely unreliable. But still kind of fun.

As for the mutt in question... I see pit bull and boxer, with the face wrinkles and white feets. So cute!

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
You can buy the same DNA test for fifty bucks. Sadly, these DNA tests are extremely unreliable. But still kind of fun.

As for the mutt in question... I see pit bull and boxer, with the face wrinkles and white feets. So cute!
I ordered one of these test for fun. My dog is a rat terrier - from a decent breeder. I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what hte test thinks he is. I suspect if we're lucky we'll get the breed's foundation breeds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts