Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I just recently came to 'own'/permanently dog-sit two 8.5 month old Alaskan Malamute/ Central Asian Shepards. My sister, who got the pups when they were about 3 months old, has brought them out to the family land where I live with my partner. They are wonderful dogs, full of energy, playful, and loving. But here's my problem...the more I read about the breed the more it says that they need a job to stay engaged. I worry about them getting bored and destructive. I live on a 160 acre parcel of land, so I know that there is plenty of space for them, and I make sure to take them on runs 2-3 times a day. But is this enough? What kind of training can I do that will ensure them...happiness...satisfaction? I have not owned a dog, or been a primary caregiver, since I was a kid, and even them my role was to play while my father trained. My partner and I hadn't really anticipated this responsibility, and now we are wondering what we can do.

Any advice would be deeply appreciated, especially if you've had experience with the breed(s).

Thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts