Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! My name is Megan, but feel free to call me Wolf or Snarls! I'm 17 ( soon to be 18 ) and I've had several dogs in my lifetime. I've always loved predatory animals, my favorite being wolves! When I was younger, my parents bought two shelter dogs for me. We had to rehome them because we were moving, but they promised to get me whatever dog I wanted once we found a permanent home. That was around 4 years ago! Last Christmas they purchased a German Shepherd / Belgian Malinois mix puppy. I named him Sherlock! I wasn't very experienced with purebred puppies. In fact, I had found him on craigslist, and begged my parents for him, only to find out he was sick with parvo at 3 AM on Christmas morning. We rushed him to an animal hospital and spent over $2,000 to hospitalize him for a week. We saved his life, and our family loved him very much. However, on Thursday last week, Sherlock got hit by a truck, and to sum things up, he didn't make it. I was heartbroken, and I still am. The house was so empty without my big boy that it made matters worse. My dad ended up purchasing an Australian Shepherd puppy for me, and I've named him Cash! ( Haha, he's named after Johnny Cash ) I still miss Sherlock, but Cash has been making me feel a lot better. I've joined these forums to learn how to properly train my puppy and to hopefully make some more dog-loving friends! ( I also have a 5 year old yorkie named Romeo. He's missing Sherlock too. My parents are looking to get another German Shepherd puppy form a well-known show dog breeder, so soon we'll have a big family! ) Hoping to find lots of tips and training information for all the boys soon!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts