Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Zack, I'm in Phoenix, Arizona and I just purchased a Siberian Husky, his name is Bane. He's awesome, and about two months old. I've started him on Blue Buffalo for puppies, but I have an issue. I've been following the guidelines on the bag and some internet searches to how much food and when to feed him. So, in the end, I feed him one cup a day, half in the morning, half in the evening around 5 pm. If I feed him any more, he immediately gets diarrhea, not fun to clean up! So I asked my vet, she said to switch him to a good grain food, like Science Diet or Royal, but I don't see anyone recommending these brands through all my searches. She did say he was a little lean for his age, but it wasn't a issue. I feel like my dog is really skinny and needs more food, someone please help me and lead me to the right direction.

·
Registered
894 Posts
hello...
i can't give you good advice. sure somebody else here can and will. i just do not have the experience with a young puppy like that. but if he gets diarrhea, switch to another high quality puppy food! at that young of age, this can be dangerous pretty quick.
i feed my young dog innova large breed puppy (lots of people dont recommend it anymore because its own by p&g). but still good quality. i will switch to wellness large breed puppy food. also good food.
but as i said, sure somebody else can give you better advice.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi, I just got a siberian husky puppy too! We've had him a week now. Do you know what food he was eating before you got him? Maybe you could try mixing them, because if you switched his food that could cause stomach upset.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts