Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may know me...I am the owner of two english setters that I love dearly, they have stolen my heart for sure! I have had english setters throughout my childhood and adult life (I am 26)...and have found myself trying to understand more about the behavior of dogs. That being said one of my setters was free on petfinder--they wanted nothing more to do with him at 7 years old and considered euthanizing him out of feeling bad they were ignoring him. We took him in without further question, to learn he is very fearful and has trust issues but has come very far.

Our new boy was found on craigslist and he is 4, his previous owner passed away and the wife was overwhelmed. Another family fostered him for a few weeks. We are finding he has not had much obedience training and is a runner, but boy is he a smarty pants! Very excited to get him in obedience school :)

I have a husband that puts up with me and finds it difficult at times because our training techniques differ and I try to get him on the same page with me. But we all love each other, compromise, and that is what matters :)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Hello and welcome! :) I would love to see pics of your dogs ... haven't seen many for a long time! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts