Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi :wave: I'm new and figured I'd introduce myself. I have no dogs and have never owned a dog. But I hope to some day. I have plenty of other pets though. I have some turtles (3 live indoors, 1 outdoors), but my true loves are my birds. My family has 4 parrots (a cockatiel, a parakeet, an African Grey and a Hahn's macaw). I'm here to learn about dogs. I may not own one, but I love learning about them.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
You birds are all SO pretty.
I must say I like the African Grey's look the most though...or maybe the Hahn's Macaw. :)
Your African Grey is SO pretty and so it the Green Cheek!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your African Grey is SO pretty and so it the Green Cheek!
Thank you. My grey is very smart- certainly keeps everyone on their toes. :) It greatly saddens me to say that the Green Cheek pased awy more then a month ago. He was so sweet and cuddly. He was the only bird I'd dream of doing this too:
http://s803.photobucket.com/albums/yy312/Sumiko04/?action=view&current=Westley320-20Copy.jpg

It looks like I was hurting him, but I wasn't, he loved to be held that way. He once slept in my hand that way for half an hour. He also loved to go on his back and demand that his belly be rubbed.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Hello! I do recognize you from Avian Avenue! Welcome to DF! :biggrin1:

I'm really sorry about Wes, I remember reading about him on the other forum. That picture reminds me so much of my Skittles, though! He loves to be held that way, too!

By the way, you Hahn's is GORGEOUS! He looks like such a sweetie. And I have to say that I really like your Grey, too. I'm thinking about getting a Timneh African Grey next (whenever that will be lol)! They're so beautiful and their intelligence is just fascinating!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello! I do recognize you from Avian Avenue! Welcome to DF! :biggrin1:

I'm really sorry about Wes, I remember reading about him on the other forum. That picture reminds me so much of my Skittles, though! He loves to be held that way, too!

By the way, you Hahn's is GORGEOUS! He looks like such a sweetie. And I have to say that I really like your Grey, too. I'm thinking about getting a Timneh African Grey next (whenever that will be lol)! They're so beautiful and their intelligence is just fascinating!
I still miss Westley a lot. :( He really was a wonderful little bird. Skittles is very cute! Green cheeks just seem to love to be held. Yes, Yoshi's a sweetie, although he can be a nippy, stubborn little brat. We love him anyway. Greys are great birds. Afie is the sweetest bird, she's calm, gentle, and very empathetic. She loves us, but isn't constantly demanding attention. Nice to talk to you. Is Basil a papillon?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I'm glad to hear that Greys are such nice birds, I can't wait until I can get one!! :biggrin1:

And yes, Basil is a Papillon, though he might be a mix, we're not sure. He was a rescue so his history is kind of a mystery. He's really big for a Papillon! He's 15 inches tall at the shoulders and he's 20 lbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts