Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dog park today and a dog was aggressive to my dog, barking snapping and lunging at her...the aggressive dog approached mine.my dog cried and ran away but then she ran back to the aggressive dog crying, she did this 5 times all while the other dog was still barking at her! Why did she do this?? I don’t get it

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hard to say without personally being there and seeing what happened, but it sounds like she did not want a fight and was trying to show the other dog that she is submissive and not a threat. Next time make sure you intervene and remove your dog from that kind of situation. Your dog should not have to repeatedly go through that fear and stress, you should not have let her keep going back to the aggressor. Next time it could be a dog that truly attacks her and she could be seriously injured or even killed. Safer than a dog park would be some one on one meetups with dogs you know are dog friendly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for getting back to me, yes I tried to get her back...but I was of no interest in her at that moment. She eventually came back to me when called. Seems as though she doesn’t realise how dangerous her situation was. She been attacked before, so you’d think she’d understand the other dogs intentions/body language? This dog park usually has the same dogs, so her friends but yes, you never know at these places what will happen!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts