Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) His name is Poppy; he is 3 years old and is a very well cared for and well trained little guy...

His current family have had him since he was a few weeks old and love him dearly... however they will be moving to an apartment in France next month... And they don't want to cram Poppy into a small place when they know his breed will need allot of exercise and stimulation...
They would also no longer have time for him there since they wouldn't be home very much due to work and all..

So they prefer he go to another loving family rather than suffer and be miserable there...

That's where I come in...
His care giver is a very good friend to my family... And she knows that I love all things animals (I have a snake... 6 birds...2 fish...one turtle and will soon be getting a young kitten)

So she asked me to take him in for her... this way Poppy is with someone she knows and she can get updates on him and visit him when shes in the country...

I start working to get to know Poppy from next week onwards... his owner will begin by introducing me... then when I am on neutral grounds with Poppy and no longer a "stranger"... we will try petting...playing..walking... and brining him around to my house a few times to give him a feel for the place and the people here...

I have grown up around dogs... but I have never had one of my own... the dogs in my life always belonged to my uncles... so I don't know much about them and their training and behaviour..I have only every played with them...

Hoping I can get some good info from around here while I still have the time to research :)

Looking forward to meeting all of you around the forum while learning new things and making good friends...

Bug and Poppy...

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Welcome to our forums! Poppy sounds like a sweetheart. There's a lot of stuff to learn about living with a dog, so read all you can on DF and be sure to post any questions you might have :)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Hi and Welcome to DF!
Can't wait to meet Poppy:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts