Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm new to the forums. Just call me JoJo. :)

At the moment, I have 1 mutt puppy. She's almost 10 weeks old.

Kangaroo (Roo for short), is bull breed, chow, husky, GSD, poodle, and bichon frise. (Yes, an absolute mutt!) She has her own Facebook page as I was getting complaints about how many posts I had going up of her on my personal profile. *facepalm* So, if you want to see pictures of her, just visit The Adventures of Kanga"Roo"

I got on here because I've only ever owned one "newborn" puppy, and he was too smart for his own good, was very easily trained, and I really didn't have too many problems with him. Roo, on the other hand, is a lot more stubborn, and I'm kind of at a loss.

(I went to post this in the health section, and it said I was blocked from posting there.)
The biggest reason I got on here was because of the accident we had with her this afternoon. The backyard is the only place, other than inside the house, that she's allowed to run around off of the leash. Well, during her little romp outside, my boyfriend was running around with her just slow enough so that she could "almost" catch him. Well, she caught him, bit the back of his pants leg, and came down hard. I heard a crack, and she sat there with her head cocked licking at her mouth. Scooped her up, and she's cracked and broken her left top canine. I put some baby Orajel on it to numb it in case she was in any pain (she didn't yelp or anything, just sat there licking at it.) I have a vet appointment already set up for her for the 21st of May for her second round of shots (yes, I know I'm behind on the 'typical' shot schedule, but that's another story altogether). I'm debating on just keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get infected, soaking her food, and just waiting until her next vet appointment. Does anyone have any suggestions?? o_O

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
10 weeks?
She's about to lose it anyway.

the 21st is a while off. If you can easily afford it,make her an appointment to be seen. If you're tight on cash, take of it, check it daily. If there are any signs of infection, vet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How deep is it cracked? It will likely be fine (be sure to keep an eye on it!) since she's around the age for teeth to start coming out anyways. If it was an adult tooth I'd be more concerned and recommend a visit ASAP to cap or pull it. She may very well lose the tooth (from the adult tooth coming in behind it) before she even makes it to the vet! Feed her as normal unless she shows any discomfort/resistance to eat then you may need to offer something softer. If she paws her face, consistently licks that side of her mouth or it looks irritated/infected in any way then consider an earlier vet trip. I'd be more concerned about her learning bad habits through games of "chase the human" and biting!

Side note, she's super cute!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts