Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey puppy lovers, my Name is Rowdy and I came from an abusive owner. The guy that saved me from the pound and I dont know for sure what mixture (if any) breed of dog I am. Although we have a pretty good guess that I am a Black Lab/Greyhound Mix, we are not sure. What do you guys think? I am now 7 years old and these pictures were taken abut a year ago

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I will Share my full story later on in this thread, I love my new Life as long I have a ball to chase :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YEs that is one thing we definitly know for sure is that his dominant breed is Lab.

one of our friends say Irish Setter, one says Pure Breed. The shelter I got him from are the ones that said he was a mixbreed. but they didnt have papers for him so they cant be sure.

Me and my roommate are the 2 that think Greyhound is the cross breed, by his body shape and how he runs. He is very very fast, he also does not like the water, which most Labs love

thank you for your reply :)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Based on these pictures, he could be a purebred Lab.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't see any grey hound in him. Perhaps since he is so young he is still skinny! My rottie was very skinny till about the age 2 then she filled out and looked like a rottie.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I don't see any grey hound in him. Perhaps since he is so young he is still skinny! My rottie was very skinny till about the age 2 then she filled out and looked like a rottie.

yeah he is 7 years old, these pictures are a year old...but he was VERY skinny til about 3 when he went from 45 pounds, to what he weighs now, 83 pounds I just weighed him in lol

Based on these pictures, he could be a purebred Lab.
Even though he is neutered, I would love it if he was a pure bred....wouldnt love him any less of course either way!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The last pic looks part greyhound.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ooops missed that part!
Mandy, I love Your quote, its so true! even a poodle can be a dangerous dog if raised by bad owner

I am gonna end up getting a doggie DNA test done to find out for sure, sometime down the road, I have been very curious for sometime, but even more so lately since i started researching, Labs and greyhounds on the internet

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Reminds me of my Marge, though your Rowdy is a little bit blockier. He's definitely not pure lab, though. Maybe it's just the pictures, but he doesn't look slender enough to be a sighthound mix.

I'd say he's predominantly Lab. He's a cute bugger, though :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts