Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So I am Silver, I am 18 years old, born in Nova Scotia, living in Ontario, but moving to the Philippines this summer (Cebu to be exact).
Um, first off, my name IS Silver. It is not a nickname, that it my name. When I was born I had the biggest grey eyes ever and my mom decided to name me Silver. Now, since I've matured, my one eye remained grey but the other is blue/green haha (Its weird looking but, it's me! :) )
I haven't had dogs for a long while. I lived with an American Staff. as a child named Studly (my uncle's dog), I had a rottie/lab mix as a child though who passed away when I was 9, and I had a Basset Hound/Staff. mix until I was 15 who was taken away after the ban in Ontario (people complained and although she was spayed and very loving to EVERYONE, the humane society took her away :( ). I've always been owned by 'bad' breeds, but I love them to death and don't care.
I have had cats as well, and since I was 13 have been owned by ferrets.

I love tattoos and piercings (currently 4 tattoos and 10 piercings). Ummm... hmmm... I want to be an Animal Nutritionist or to work as a Vet and help with the over population of stray cats and dogs. I spend a lot of my time travelling to Cali and working on the legalization of ferrets and doing a catch and release program in our town with feral cats.
Currently I am handraising baby kittens who were thrown out at the feral colonies of cats (people think they can toss cats into the colony which they CANNOT! Grr it makes me angry! We know the majority of the cats in the colonies and know which ones were there and which ones are new drop offs).

I am Manic-Depressed (Bipolar) suffer from PTSD. I am trying to educate the public on mental disorders since their seems to be a lot of misconceptions about it. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)

Ummm... I believe that is about it... OH! And I joined this forum because I am planning on getting a dog once I move so I am trying to educate myself on dogs more since I've never owned one in awhile and back then I was still a child haha!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hello & welcome to df. That's quite a lot you've fitted into your life in such a short time. I'm old you see.
I hand raised my cat from 3 weeks old when my son found her after seeing a man tip something out of a plastic bag. And what a pretty cat she turned out to be. It still amazes me 2.5 yrs later that she could have been thrown out so easily.
Seeing that this is a dog forum, we have 2 dogs. My other son's 8.5 y/o mixed breed dog (in top of siggy) & my 15 m/o border collie (in avatar, she's bigger now:p).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello & welcome to df. That's quite a lot you've fitted into your life in such a short time. I'm old you see.
I hand raised my cat from 3 weeks old when my son found her after seeing a man tip something out of a plastic bag. And what a pretty cat she turned out to be. It still amazes me 2.5 yrs later that she could have been thrown out so easily.
Seeing that this is a dog forum, we have 2 dogs. My other son's 8.5 y/o mixed breed dog (in top of siggy) & my 15 m/o border collie (in avatar, she's bigger now:p).
Haha. I like to keep myself busy. Plus, animals have been 'my thing' ever since a child. My mother swears I was born researching animals. haha.

Yeah, people just get rid of animals quite easily. The kittens I am raising are doing so well! I love them to death! And I'm so glad that I have homes set up for all but one little guy. His head when he was born was twisted to one side and he could not walk straight, only left, because of this (I named him Nascar because that is what he reminds me of ;) ). I called many vets but most just told me to euthanize him because no one can help him.
Well, I've been feeding him and massaging his neck and guess what? His head is in a normal position now and he is playing perfectly fine with the other kittens. No more nascar ;) The vets didn't want to take the time to work with him I guess.
Hopefully someone will want him. haha

1 - 3 of 3 Posts