Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I already posted in the Dog Health forums, sorry about that. I didn't see that I should post here first.

A little about me....

I'm a stay at home Mom to 2 children - a boy, age 7 and a girl, age 5. We have a 6-month old, female Yorkie/Bichon mix puppy named Lucy. She's our first small dog. We had a female Cattle Dog/Shepherd mix named Casey that we raised from the age of 8 weeks. She died in April of 2008 at the age of 9-1/2 from cancer. We also had a female Golden named Lulu. We also raised her from 8 weeks. She died this past January at the age of 8-1/2 also from cancer. Both my girls passed away only 9 months apart. It's been a rough year.

Ultimately we wanted another dog but the timing never seemed right until we found Lucy. She seems to be the perfect fit for our family. Unfortunately we're having some medical issues with her which is was lead me here.

I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with everyone.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Welcome to DF. Hunter is a cattledog/shepherd mix but I'm not sure how accurate that information is, because the shelter wasn't sure.

I hope we are able to help you or atleast provide support through your rough time.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Hello & welcome to df. Sorry to hear about your 2 dogs. It's hard to loose a much loved pet. I hope there's nothing too seriously wrong with Lucy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

Our Casey was from a shelter as well, they originally told us she was an Australian Shepherd. We basically took a guess at what she was. She looked a lot like a Cattle Dog. I'll see if I can post a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Welcome... I also have a 2 children. A boy age 7 and a girl age 5. Anyway, can't wait to see pics of your family.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi there. Welcome. I am pretty new here myself. I lost my much beloved 4 1/2 year old the day after Memorial Day and continue to grieve daily. By the way, how did you post that picture? I haven't been able to figure that out and I haven't found instructions anywhere.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Welcome to DF! Casey was a beautiful girl. I'm sorry for your loss - I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts