Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have just adopted a new puppy from my sister in TX and brought him to OK, I am having issues with him going in his crate. I have done all the things pet smart has told me and he is still going in the crate it is small only large enough for him to stand in and turn around an lay down. I am very frustrated as I want this to work out and all but it is hard. I do not know what I am doing wrong I take him out every hour to two hrs and he still pees his crate, and he uses the restroom every time I take him out, I hope to find help here for this issue. Just frustrated.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

Crate Training:
Here's a video for crate training.

Potty Training:
You can't expect a dog to be fully potty trained until at least six months, they don't have the splinter muscles.
Everytime he pees in the crate/house clean it with special pet cleaner (normal cleaners have ammonia which smells like urine to them), do not discipline.
Try taking him out more often and for longer. Also are you schedule feedings? It helps predict bathroom breaks.
Dogs usually have to go after they eat/drink/wake-up/exercise/have a rousing play session.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! I feed him 1 cup twice a day about 8:30 am and 8:30pm This is my first time to crate train. Guess I need to play w/ him more. I really should of thought of that. Guess I wasn't thinking. I will try that he has spent most of his non potty time in crate. Thanks for your help.
ps won't let me see the video link... grr

1 - 3 of 3 Posts