Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just wanted to make a quick introduction about myself. My names Slobodan Petrovic, and my family and I are German Rottweiler breeders located in Missouri currently. We are from Former Yugoslavia and have been in the United States for over 12 years now. We are absolutely infatuated with German Rottweilers, especially my father ( I don't think there's a day that he doesn't spend a minimum of 4 hours talking to someone about Rottweilers lol :) ). My father is a retired veterinarian, and my mother a retired Legal Adviser. I myself am currently a senior at the University of Missouri. And that's it for now, I look forward to meeting all you fellow dog lovers! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you very much ! :)

Yes, we've always preffered the tails, German Rottweilers look so much better with them, in my opinion.

Your dog Kenya is a very beautiful dog by the way! :)

Yes, we've always preffered the tails, German Rottweilers look so much better with them, in my opinion. And plus it's also the German standard to keep them on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oops I double posted accidently lol. Newbie mistake I suppose :)

Thank you "hersheybear" !

Oops I double posted accidently lol. Newbie mistake I suppose :)
I'm replying from my cell phone so maybe that's why.

Thank you "hersheybear" !

·
Registered
3,051 Posts

Yes, we've always preffered the tails, German Rottweilers look so much better with them, in my opinion.

Your dog Kenya is a very beautiful dog by the way!

Thank you very much

Yes, we've always preffered the tails, German Rottweilers look so much better with them, in my opinion. And plus it's also the German standard to keep them on.

Hello and welcome to the boards from another Rottweiler fancier.

One small point. You have not always preferred the tails, as docking was the norm throughout the world until the mid 90s. When the Green party surrepticiously passed the legislation requiring docking, the ADRK was caught with their pants down, so to speak, as were the rest of the working dog community (Dobes, Boxers, Bouviers, Giant Schnauzer, etc). The gun dog people paid attention and have waivers to dock their dogs. Unfortunately, the ADRK owns the FCI breed standard, and so all FCI countries were FORCED to follow the no docking rule in order to compete at FCI dog shows.

I will guarantee you if docking were made legal in Germany today, tomorrow Rottweiler breeders would be docking their puppies.

;) :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello and welcome to the boards from another Rottweiler fancier.

One small point. You have not always preferred the tails, as docking was the norm throughout the world until the mid 90s. When the Green party surrepticiously passed the legislation requiring docking, the ADRK was caught with their pants down, so to speak, as were the rest of the working dog community (Dobes, Boxers, Bouviers, Giant Schnauzer, etc). The gun dog people paid attention and have waivers to dock their dogs. Unfortunately, the ADRK owns the FCI breed standard, and so all FCI countries were FORCED to follow the no docking rule in order to compete at FCI dog shows.

I will guarantee you if docking were made legal in Germany today, tomorrow Rottweiler breeders would be docking their puppies.

;) :D
Hello, and thank you for your welcome.

Yes I'm very well aware of the recent changes in the ADRK standards as regarding of not docking tails. And of course we've docked tails back when it was the standard. I wasn't going to write "We've always preferred the tails..ever since 2000 (for example), because it would just confuse the person I was replying to. lol :)

And I must disagree with you on your statement that breeders in Germany would start docking their tails immediately, had it become legal. Now I've been to Germany on a number of occasions, and have spoken to some of the top breeders there, and they and as well as my family prefer the tails because it adds another level of critique when the dogs are taken to conformation shows. Having a proper tail is a very important requirement, just as having a dark eye and mouth pigment and etc. :D

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow Rottie lover. :) You have some very handsome dogs there. I myself prefer docked but 30 years of owning docked dogs is a hard habit to break. ;) :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome I currently own 2 rottweilers, my male that will be 2 on Friday is of German decent, his dad is a German Import as well as his grandparents from the dam and sire, I also am getting a third rottweiler from the same breeder I obtained him from in about 3 weeks.. They are the only breed my husband has become accustomed to, when at one time he was against them... Welcome this is a very nice forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts