Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, my name is Alicia and I'm from Waterford MI. I live in a small suburb area and have owned 2 labradors. The first was Storm, he was a yellow lab that was adopted at the age of 1, he is currently deceased and went at the age of 11 from congestive heart failure. He lived a good life and was just as mischievous as a male lab could be, a year before he went we adopted a chocolate lab named princess at the age of 4. They were in love for the year that they were together and Princess currently lives with my parents. I also adopted a german shepherd x husky x heinz 57 mix named Diezel. He was adopted on april 27th of 2012 and is currently 4 months old. Next week to this day he goes in for his last round of vaccinations and I'm SUPER excited to be done with that. Diezel was found as a stray in Saginaw MI and I adopted him from a kill shelter at the very young age of 6 weeks. If my vet was correct. He weighs only 25 lbs now, but i'm thinking that he'll top out between 50-80 lbs. I want to adopt another dog when Diezel has finished obedience classes and is around the age of 2. As much fun as a puppy was, I don't think I can go through that again. Now you know a little about me and my puppy :wave:

This picture is when Diezel was only 10 weeks old, I need to take new pictures for him.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Hello and welcome! Your puppy is adorable! :) Also, thank you for rescuing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I joined yesterday and also have rescues. Ive driven as far as 16hrs round trip to pick up my 2nd dog Picasso. Each one of my 3 are all from different states too. My Stanley is a rat terrier from NC and is 2. My rat terrier/blue heeler mix is name Picasso and he is 3 and form GA. Our newest addition is Scout a blue heeler/catahoula mix who is less then 1 and from southern FL. I hope we both find this forum welcoming and informative!! =)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope so too and your dogs are absolutely adorable, i'm planning on getting another dog but not until diezel is a bit older and has finished obedience classes so i can trust that he will teach the new fellow good things and not bad behavior.

·
Banned
7,725 Posts
Welcome from another Michigander, I'm over in Portage, MI.

Your pup is certainly VERY adorable! Can't wait to see more pictures! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts